Sunday, November 8, 2015

Snapshot 4 Runals



I love music and poetry. I love reading poems and writing them. When I get into an off mood I have the urge to write a poem. This helps me express what I am feeling and get my mind off of it for a bit. Music has a very large impact on my life as well. It helps alter my mood and express what I don't know how to explain in words. It brings you together with people by having common interests or memories from the songs. If our society did not have music I honestly couldn't describe what it would be like but I could imagine it would be a very dull and boring life. Music can take you to places and make you feel things you didn't think you could feel. I believe the influence music has on people is like the desire of wanting candy from a fat kid. 

My favorite song for many years has been Travelin' Soldier by the Dixie Chicks. The very first time I heard this song I got chills from it. It makes me emotional sometimes when I hear it. Many members of my family have been in the military. Along with many of my friends. I believe soldiers are one of the most important things in our society and my life. The song has such a strong meaning behind it when you actually pay attention to the words. It tells you a story of love. It tells you how rough it can be when people are on deployment. It tells you the effect the war has on other people and how death can come about. It tells you a lot of things.
 My favorite lyrics in the whole song are,
 "I cried, Never gonna hold the hand of another guy
Too young for him they told her
Waitin' for the love of a travelin' soldier
Our love will never end
Waitin' for the soldier to come back again
Never more to be alone when the letter said
A soldier's coming home". 

Since I don't really like this song for the soul purpose of the Dixie Chicks singing it , I  like this song for the words and meaning, I chose to do a picture of a soldier possibly coming home from when they went away.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this song(group) too. When you said " It makes me emotional when I hear it" I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.